Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Help was rejected 60 times before someone wanted to publish it!

My friends and I started a book club about a year ago. We meet about once a month/every other month. Whoever gets to host book club  gets to pick the next book. Our theme is to pick books that have been or are being made into movies. In the past, we've read Eat Pray Love, Gone with the Wind, Hunger Games and more. Next month the book is The Help! I've actually read it a couple months ago but am excited to read it again. It was such an excellent book. I loved the stories and all the characters! I can't wait to read it again and discuss in our next book club.

Did you know that this book was rejected 60 times before someone wanted to publish it? Now it's a best seller and has already been made into a movie. I bet all those people who rejected it are kicking themselves right now. Read the amazing story below.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/poweryourfuture/kathryn-stocketts-the-help-turned-down-60-times-before-becoming-a-best-seller-2523496/


Book Club: Our Next Book Is...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us your Two Cents