Saturday, August 27, 2011

Easiest Banana Bread

I'm a baker. I love to bake!! I also love to eat what I bake, so I can't bake too often ha! One of my favorite things to bake is Banana Bread. It's so easy! You just mix a few things up and pop it in the oven.

This is one of the easiest and yet still delicious recipes I've used. You can just mash everything up with a spoon. Although it works if you have a stand mixer or hand mixer as well. Whatever is easier for you. And everyone usually has these staple ingredients in the pantry.

I recently made two loaves of this. One I sent with my husband to work. Everyone loved it! The other stayed home with me, but I ended up having to give it away so I wouldn't eat the whole thing myself!

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/

My secret is to also add some lime zest from one lime and juice of one lime. It keeps the bread moist and adds a little extra flavor in there! The trick to knowing when it's done, although this one is pretty close to an hour, is to stick a toothpick in the center. If some banana still comes out on it moist, it's not ready. If the toothpick comes out pretty dry, take it out and let it cool. Be sure to sample the bread while its still warm! That's the best part!

So the next time you don't get to eat all those bananas before they are ripe, try this recipe out! Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us your Two Cents