Saturday, August 27, 2011

Are you going to watch the VMA's tomorrow night?

The VMA's (MTV Video Music Awards) have been around since as far back as I can remember.  They are sometimes referred to as the Oscars for youth.  Personally, I find the VMA's to be the most entertaining of all of the award shows.  You probably remember when MTV actually aired music videos.  I still remember falling in love with Axel Rose after watching November Rain with my babysitter. lol  Sometimes I miss the videos, but I wouldn't sacrifice Awkward or Teen Mom for them. ;)  A compromise would be nice, what if MTV played an hour of music videos every afternoon?  For me, the most memorable music videos of all time are R.Kelly's "Nobody has to Know" and Blind Melon's "No Rain."

Tomorrow night, Sunday, at 9-8 (central) MTV will air the 2011 VMA's.  The red carpet is often a highlight of the show due the eccentric outfit choices of the celebrities. 

Example - Lady Gaga and her meat dress!


Check out more wacky VMA outfits from the past

Also, head to MTV's website to vote on your favorite artist.  Foster the People and Wiz Khalifa are both up for the Best New Artist award. My vote is Foster the People.  Adele is up for Best Pop Video for "Rolling in the Deep." 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to watch. I love the red carpet as well! I can't wait to see what shenanigans will occur. Will you be blogging during the VMA's? I can't wait to hear your comments on everyone's outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Give us your Two Cents